Monday 10 February 2014

Hare in felt.


Okay so it's not quite what I promised you on my last post but...
 Today has been a beautiful day here in Wensleydale. Blue sky, sunshine, fluffy clouds, aaaah, all is good.
 It is freezing though, literally. I been forbidden from leaving the house until the ice melts as I'm one of those people who can slip at the drop of a hat. Yup! There may only be a 2 inch square of ice on the ground but I'll find it! Today we have considerably more than a 2 inch square. It makes me wonder how those poor people down South will fare if all that flood water starts to freeze! My heart goes out to them.
 Anyway as I was saying, it's a beautiful day here in the Dales today and a little bit of sunshine gave me enough daylight to photograph my latest, or should I say my first piece of felt this year. So I thought I'd share it with you before it goes down to the gallery.
 Here he is! You won't believe how hard it was for me to start this piece of felt. 
 I really struggled with the 'blank piece of paper syndrome' or felt, in my case! It's silly really but I think I was frightened of failure. I was frightened that I couldn't do 'it' anymore, lol. I feel embarrassed telling you actually, teehee.
 Once I've got a good dollop of fibres laid out I'm okay. Once I've got that feeling, that essence of hare, I'm good, I can go with it, enjoying the ride.
 When I used to draw pencil portraits (many moons ago) I knew if I had the eyes right, the rest would be fine.
My mum always said I liked a challenge! lol!
(just noticed a very clear refection of my hands holding the camera right in the middle of my hare, tut tut.)

Till next time when we shall endeavour to reconnect with my previous post.
Love Fi x

Oh NO! I've just heard on the radio that we're in for a large dollop of snow here in the hills tomorrow 
:(

23 comments:

Used-to-Bees said...

Utterly amazing and so very beautiful! The scenery near your home is fabulous too.

Winwick Mum said...

He's a very beautiful hare, you shouldn't have worried about him at all because he just wanted to come to life for you! Love the snowy views, still waiting for our first snowflake! xx

Annie said...

Wow Fi. That is truly stunning :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Anonymous said...

You are one talented lady! Yes I agree - just stunning!

Anonymous said...

Your Hare's are beautiful. They are my favourite.

RedSetter said...

He is absolutely stunning. I agree entirely about getting the eyes right. There is nothing worse than animal art which just isn't believable. You've captured him absolutely spot on, and I feel I could reach out and stroke him very gently.

Two Wednesdays said...

It's lovely, and the eye is definitely right. Hope you don't get too much snow!

Susan Smith said...

I do love hares and you have captured him beautifully. The Dales certainly look lovely covered with snow and sure make me homesick at the moment, as we are so hot and dry here. Take care.

Noelle the dreamer said...

Absolutely beautiful Fiona as always! Love to see the Dales as well, keep warm and watch for the ice (I have two left feet as well).
All the best,

Attila said...

That is so gorgeous! So lifelike.

Val Reaves said...

Oh Fiona...your hare is so beautiful... You caught him just perfectly! Just lovely... Well done!
Val in Kansas

Lorna said...

Gosh that Hare is so beautiful - you are so talented.

Twiglet said...

Too beautiful for words! x Jo

Amanda Peters said...

Just looooooove the Hare...

Fiddly Fingers said...

Beautiful :)

ZootyOwl said...

Fantastic!!!!!!

The Weaver of Grass said...

That hare is brilliant Fiona - it definitely has ' hareness' - a quality which all reproductions don;t have by any means.

Anonymous said...

I can understand that initial doubt, but, my goodness, your skill is wonderful, such beautiful imagery.

crafty cat corner said...

He is, as usual beautiful. I fully understand your reluctance to start this piece, I get that all the time. Why do we doubt ourselves I wonder?
Briony
x

Jesus puro amor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Danette Bartelmay said...

Oh Fi!
What a gloriously beautiful place God has planted you in, My Dear!
Your hare is just unbelievable!
I cannot imagine being able to create such a thing! And don't worry~ you will never lose it. Once you've got it Girl, you've got it!!!
Happy, Sunshiney Day to You,
XoXo,
Danette

Elderberry-Rob said...

He's beautiful Fi, sparkly eyed and looks just about to dart off, caught in motion! I know what you mean about ice, I broke my wrist slipping on a 2 inch square a few years back on an otherwise clear road! I have sensible grippy boots for ice weather and don't care how frumpy they look as long as I stay upright!

Pat said...

I love it! He is a very beautiful little hare, and your craftsmanship is amazing!